Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year, New Topic to Ramble About


A new welcome to all-

I was given the opportunity last summer to study abroad, again, in London, and, again, I fell in love with the city and all it has to offer (most specifically the men, music, pubs and transportation).

Crumpets are an interesting thing and nothing is better than trying to explain what they are to someone who has never seen one or eaten one before. I am, by far no expert, and the best I can do is say they’re squishy, sort of like English muffins, cooked like pancakes but don’t taste like them. Sounds delicious, right? Ok, maybe not.

I’ve also noticed that individuals who do have experience with crumpet eating debate how exactly they should be eaten. Toasted with butter appears to be the traditional approach, but some prefer jams, cheese. The possibilities seem endless and I am dead-set on trying to make them myself (the store bought version in the US have the right consistency but have a really odd taste).

I’m armed with crumpet rings and ready for a really bland adventure (unless, I find myself an accented kitchen assistant- invite open!).


No comments:

Post a Comment